Tuesday, January 13, 2009

this and that of late

Okay, I admit, we are trying Baby Wise. There is a part of me that feels guilty. There are so many Ezzo dissenters out there. The other option is no semblence of a schedule or predictability. Some have told me I need to just focus on him for now. But where, then, does that leave God and my husband? The beautiful thing about family is that the love you have just keeps expanding with every new addition. I can't see neglecting my studies and prayer or my husband as a healthy approach to our new addition. So we're trying it. It's hard. Essentially, you're following a routine, not so much a schedule. There's wake time and nap time in that order, and wake time always starts with a feeding. The other huge thing is that you start you day at the same time every day. We are going to give it some time, perhaps a week, see how things pan out. I would LOVE to have him on a predictable eating and sleeping schedule. We'll see.

COBRA - not sure what it stands for, but it's the insurance Arvest has to provide as a service to all ex-employees who left on good terms. It's so expensive. It's two-and-a-half times as expensive as insurance costs for me and Abe. But we had to purchase 2 months' worth of coverage to cover the time it took to underwrite a new policy. Talk about eating a hole in your pocketbook.

And phones. Ugh. We purchased a magicJack because I ran up a $356.73 cell phone bill last month. It's a USB port hook-up on one end and a phone jack on the other, essentially digital telephone. It's so inexpensive that it is worth a try. We will probably then get rid of one of our cell phones and make the other a GO phone. We'll see how that goes.

I do have my excuses for running up the bill...spending hours talking to La Leche, lactation consultants, my mom, and friends about how to become a mother. There are so many questions. Doesn't mean that that big of a bill is justifiable. I kept telling Mark, "It's going to be big this month." He was not a happy hubby when we got the bill yesterday.

Abe is wonderful and funny. He is laughing now. The smiles and the coo-talking are entertaining enough, but the laughing just cracks me up. Mark mentioned this morning how he is the one human being whose past doesn't influence how much he loves him. I wish all love could be that raw and real.

No comments: