ay de mi.
meditations and divulgences of a red head with hopes of living up to the family name, raising her family well, and cherishing this beautiful life.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
tough women
"The world's changing, the women are getting tougher than blokes, mate, hey?" A quote from a recent BBC article. Why, I pose, are women getting tougher than men?
I don't have the answer, but as Mark can affirm, historically the feminization of men generally preceded the complete downfall of the society. Rome and Egypt are excellent examples. I just finished reading a book of Egyptian history, and the women used to pee standing up and the men were the squatters of the day. They also stayed home to do the weaving while the women were out working the fields.
If you destroy any essential family role, man or woman, father or mother, society breaks down. There's only one way that works. Why are women tougher than men? Feminization says they can be, and males are given excuses to not be men.
Ever read Man of Steel and Velvet, by a SDA author? (The couterpart book by his wife is excellent too; I just don't recall either the title or the author.) He gives some very straightforward answers.
The society I'm raised in doesn't require me to work all day harvesting, nor am I trained in the ways of a blade. The future sucks. Instead I'm supposed to sit in a classroom my entire adolescent life and then sit in a desk chair... if I want a high paying job, then I'm competing for my career with women who decide they are better off at work while their latchkey children raise themselves. All the while the children not knowing their own parents being away all the time are forced to be raised by what tv tells them to be thus expanding upon the already vicious circle.
Oh and I bet all the chemicals in the foods I eat are hindering my hairy chest and manly beard, think of how much of a robust lumberjack I'd be if sitcoms didn't teach me that an ideal male figurehead is a bumbling idiot who can't seem to find enough excuses for his wife's cutting accusations of his terrible behavior and constant procrastination.
8 comments:
It's all the soy men are consuming. It's making them all sissys. Oh, or the chemicals leeching out of the Nalgene bottles... ;)
I don't have the answer, but as Mark can affirm, historically the feminization of men generally preceded the complete downfall of the society. Rome and Egypt are excellent examples. I just finished reading a book of Egyptian history, and the women used to pee standing up and the men were the squatters of the day. They also stayed home to do the weaving while the women were out working the fields.
If you destroy any essential family role, man or woman, father or mother, society breaks down. There's only one way that works.
Why are women tougher than men? Feminization says they can be, and males are given excuses to not be men.
so far so good. :)
Boys grow into sissies when their fathers don't stick around long enough to teach them how to become men :)
Ever read Man of Steel and Velvet, by a SDA author? (The couterpart book by his wife is excellent too; I just don't recall either the title or the author.) He gives some very straightforward answers.
What am I saying? So does Dr. Meredith.
The society I'm raised in doesn't require me to work all day harvesting, nor am I trained in the ways of a blade. The future sucks. Instead I'm supposed to sit in a classroom my entire adolescent life and then sit in a desk chair... if I want a high paying job, then I'm competing for my career with women who decide they are better off at work while their latchkey children raise themselves. All the while the children not knowing their own parents being away all the time are forced to be raised by what tv tells them to be thus expanding upon the already vicious circle.
Oh and I bet all the chemicals in the foods I eat are hindering my hairy chest and manly beard, think of how much of a robust lumberjack I'd be if sitcoms didn't teach me that an ideal male figurehead is a bumbling idiot who can't seem to find enough excuses for his wife's cutting accusations of his terrible behavior and constant procrastination.
Post a Comment